[pct-l] permit question

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 16:09:39 CST 2011

I have a friend joining me from KM to Kearsage. He needs to get a permit, so
I'm trying to determine who he needs to contact. It looks like we're
entering the South Sierra Wilderness of Inyo Natl Forest. According to their
site, there is no quota. We're on the Wildrose trail, right? Is there a
ranger station near KM? His wife is dropping him off after leaving his car
at Onion Valley. Should he just get his permit in Bishop?

Thanks for the help. I looked and I think I figured out the right trail name
and jurisdiction, but I've never been to KM.