[pct-l] permit question

Jim Banks jbanks4 at socal.rr.com
Thu Feb 3 16:27:43 CST 2011

He will need to get his permit from the Inyo National Forest.  Their permit
office phone is 760-873-2483.  Just tell them you will be on the PCT from KM
to Kearsage.  He will need to pick up his permit in person. You have to read
a couple of brochures about the bear canister rules, leave no trace rules,
and the wag bag rules in the Whitney zone, and then initial your permit to
acknowledge that you understand the rules.  He could pick it up at the White
Mountain Ranger Station in Bishop or at the Interagency Visitor Center one
mile south of Lone Pine on Highway 395 which you will go by on the way to
KM.