[pct-l] My third attempt to post a question

Mike Yanasak amuddler2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 15:31:53 CST 2011

Looking at the "bear can required" map, I am confused.  BearVault, Inc. will
deliver them to either Kennedy Meadows, Tuolumne Meadows, or Echo Lake.  I
want to avoid carrying the can where it is not required.  I may be reading
things incorrectly or just not understanding it all.  The "required" areas
appear to be several isolated spots with large areas in between where the
requirement is waived.  Hiking from the south to north, the earlier
"required" areas seem either short enough so that one could traverse them in
a single day or else they appear to have lock boxes at the campgrounds (or
both).
My question is: at which of the above three possible delivery places *must* one
receive his bear canister in order to be able to be able to comply with the
law (the latest possible delivery site)?  I want to skate by as long as
possible before having to haul the additional couple of pounds.
Thanks.
Amuddler