[pct-l] Sunglasses ... cheapos Vs brands ...

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Feb 5 12:09:23 CST 2011

A friend of mine, Beeman, uses these sunglasses called Sport Eyz.
They're just plastic film with an elastic cord. He wears them over
his glasses and seems to really like them. I bought a couple pairs
just for fun. I don't wear prescription glasses and found they feel
sweaty and uncomfortable right against my face. But I carried a pair
in my pack in case of emergency. They are rolled up and inside a
small container like a film canister. At one point I lost my
sunglasses and was happy I had these as a backup. I would have gone
snowblind because I was in the Sierras. The little canister had a
flip-top lid so I used that to make a protective cover on my
camelback hose. Now I don't have to worry about germs and dirt when I
set down my pack. All in all, the $5 sunglasses turned out to be
worth it, both the glasses themselves and the packaging.