[pct-l] Tents vrs Tarps - Bivies?

Mike Chapman altathunder76 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 08:47:25 CST 2011

Howdy All, Great words of wisdom. I look at things a little
different,but I have not yet acheived "Thruness" status(soon,how soon
Ira?soon.). Im stuck in the heavy category(too much $ for all UL),ive
gotten ultra light stuff to add to the heavy!  I look at it like this
pack is my life and house for months(basically homeless).  Ive made a
homeade tarptent,its a combo between the 2(cheap and heavy duty). I
will make another just incase I need to have it sent. Yesterday I
hiked 16 miles uphill(full pack,40lbs.) and 5 of them are in deep
snow(snowshoes),I started at 2pm and ended at 6pm. This is just an
example of my routine. Of course I plan to get lighter as I get
older,but for now I gotta keep on truckin,I flew with this
weight(could do more,and have),and do it almost everyday and go
farther if I got the time. My body is my true UL gear,and I dont see
this as a vacation,this is a test of the emergency manhood system. I
also dont beleive in limitations,Why? It limits yourself!  Hike on.