[pct-l] Fw: Tents vrs Tarps - Bivies?

Kevin hikelite at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 10:50:39 CST 2011

Ed, most of your argument seems to also make sense for a tarp and cowboy camping.  ;)

Only put it up when needed. Better views. Bonus is it's lighter and provides more protected space.

I have a question for the tent advocates. Have you tried a tarp?

HYOH and all that. I'm not being critical or anything. It's been my experience that 100% of the hikers I've exposed to tarps have been converted. Maybe it has to do with them hiking with me. :p Again, I'm not suggesting there is a right or wring way to backpack. I just can't fathom eer using a tent Unless it was in a snowy winter setting

Misspellings and typos brought to you by iPhone.