[pct-l] Tents vs Tarps - Bivies?

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 11:14:08 CST 2011

You're saying you prefer a tent, but I'm not clear why. My tarp has bug
netting, so I can escape bugs too. Is it ease of setup? A tarp does require
stakes, but it only takes me a couple minute to setup my tarp.

One thing to keep in mind is I also use a hammock. I don't have to find that
perfect piece of ground to set a tent on either. I just need 2 tres 13-20
feet apart ;)