[pct-l] Mu V

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 7 21:09:37 CST 2011

I have just learned about a competitor to the Sterie (sp) pen  called the Meridian Design Mu V.  Perhaps others are familiar with this.  I have not seen it mentioned here.  Perhaps I just missed it.  Anyway, it is cheaper, at $49.95 and I think it is a bit lighter also.  What interested me in it most, is that it can be recharged in the field using any standard battery.  You just carry a AA, C, D or 9v with you on your trip.  There are magnetic tipped lead wires that connect to the poles on your "source" battery and the unit can recharge over night.  It gets about 10 treatments of 1 liter of water from a single charge.  Has anyone had any recent experience with this device?

Shepherd