[pct-l] Fw: Re: Which Book to Read ??

linsey mowoggirl at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 17:16:51 CST 2011

--- On Tue, 2/8/11, linsey <mowoggirl at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: linsey <mowoggirl at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Which Book to Read ??
To: "Scott Williams" <baidarker at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 3:09 PM

Trail Life is the third "rendition" of Jardine's hiking books and I wish I could remember if he even spent any time discussing corn pasta.  In the first book (Pacific Crest Trail Handbook...), he raved about it but in the second book (Beyond Backpacking...) he explained that initially the corn pasta gave him extraordinary energy but the small company that made it using WHOLE GRAIN corn had sold out and the same brand pasta was now using DE-GERMED corn which he deemed nutritionally bankrupt.  So it was never corn pasta but whole grain/germ intact corn pasta that he felt gave so much energy.
Last year on the trail I used Bob's Red Mill whole grain cornmeal to make cornmeal mush which I ate with a ton of peanut butter and honey--very tasty and high energy and kinda tastes like Captain Crunch Peanut Butter Cereal.
  When the food puts out alot of energy, I find my body doesn't tire of it and vice versa.
Sincerely, Lollygag