[pct-l] Why don't we wee more Thoracic bags (front packs / balance pockets / bodypack) in the Industry?

Jason Moores jmmoores1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 22:30:48 CST 2011

Shroomer,

I agree that Psycho is a name that doesn't fit the man. He's so laid back
that I have a hard time imagining him flippin out. By the way, we met Psycho
and Apricots at Lake Moreno an hour or two after meeting you!

Meeting The Shroomer: So my gal and I are beboppin along on our first full
day on the trail, full of energy and excitement, when we round a corner and
find a fella sittin by himself under a tree, bare chested, crosslegged and
smiling like the proverbial Cheshire Cat. This dark haired Buddha under his
bodi tree raised a hand, broadened his smile even further and called out to
us, "hey! how ya doin? my name's 'Shroomer'."

My first reaction to this was, "wow, second day on the trail and I might
have already found some magic shrooms. Man I love Cali!" So I inquired if he
had any ta share with a hiker down on his luck. Hell, with as much as this
man was grinning who could blame me for the faux pas.

When he informed me that now a days he only hunted shrooms of the
non-magical kind, I do believe that he was truly disappointed that he
couldn't oblige. It wasn't because he hadn't brought any drugs but because
he's such a nice guy and was sooooo happy to be on the trail that he
couldn't bear to see my crestfallen expression.

Being a chef, I quickly found other mushroom questions to ask and the
conversation shifted to a less awkward flow. I soon realized that this
meeting was well made and not diminished in the least for lack of
psychedelics.

When folks tell ya that you will meet the smartest, hippest, coolest people
in the world on the PCT, they're talkin about hikers like Shroomer! It's a
pleasure knowing ya brother.

Jackass
who is a bit  crazy and happy to have a name that is so easy to live up to.
who wants to be known as "Mr. Nice Guy"? Too much pressure!