[pct-l] Fw: Re: Non-Cooked Food - Share Your Recipes!

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:05:18 CST 2011

Someone suggested putting a paper towel between the bag and the food. There
are obvious downsides here. You can't see what in the bag, but this can be
resolved by labeling. You are stuck with a bunch of paper towels. Perhaps
use them as TP? Will it add weight? If you use it as TP, the paper towels
become dual purpose items. That saves weight!

I've had the same experience as you. I will vacuum seal the bags, but a
couple days later, the vacuum is lost. Even my bags of blueberries lose
their vacuum packaging. I'm not sure I'm going to even bother anymore. I'll
just stick stuff in ziplocks. At least I can sometimes use those bags in the
field. The vacuum bags simply become trash.