[pct-l] Tent

John Abela pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 08:09:38 CST 2011

Hello Patrick,

Under 3 pounds is doable.

ZPacks Hexamid Twin Tent -- 0 pounds, 11.4 ounces

Hyperlite Mountain Gear, Echo 2 -- 1.84 pounds

Mountain Laurel Designs, DuoMid/InnerNet -- 1.56 pounds

MSR Carbon Relfex -- 2 pounds 15 ounces

A few other options just over the three pound mark exist.

TarpTent has some very rock solid tents that are just over the 3lb mark.

I am not sure if GossamerGear has anything that would work. Anybody know of
a 2p GG setup?

Not sure I would go with the BA tent. I have read a few reports and seen a
few videos where people have questioned the durability of the floor. That
results in having to take a ground cloth, which results in it likely going
over your 3-pound limit. I say this cautiously though as I have never owned
a BA tent, just relaying what I have encountered from others.

Personally, I own a ZPacks Solo and the HMG Echo1, and would not mind having
a MLD some day. Obviously all of these three are cottage manufacturers. If
you want a big name brand, go with the BA or the MSR.

John