[pct-l] Food Rehydration Strategy

Ethan Smith esmith11 at my.whitworth.edu
Thu Feb 10 18:02:39 CST 2011

For those of you who do decide to go stoveless/cookless, but choose to rehydrate food that ordinarily would be cooked, what kinds of dishware/rehydration containers do you use?

Also, in regions where bears are not a concern so much as rodends, does everybody use opsaks/ursaks? If so, how many are needed for 4 - 5 days worth of food. Where are they placed at night relative to your tent/tarp? I have always hung my pack, but that does not appear to be the favored method for even rodents, so I am trying to learn some things!
Thanks!

Ethan