[pct-l] Shuttle Needed To Cascade Locks

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Feb 10 21:27:57 CST 2011

*Pacific Crest Trail Association*
*Mt. Hood Chapter*

*PCT Hiker Shuttle Needed To Cascade Locks*
*
*
The Mt. Hood Chapter has always come through for visiting hikers, but I
realize that this may be early to make a commitment. We will resend the
request as we get closer to the summer. Enclosed is the communication from
Bob Livezey of *Tuesday Vigorous Hikers in Bethesda, MD. We assume they will
be traveling by train from Seattle to Portland"s Union Station.*
*
*
*
I am organizing a section hike of the PCT from the Columbia River to Whites
Pass around July 29 to August 10 this summer for a small group (3 or 4) of
members of our hiking group http://vigoroushikers.org/  We are also all
members of the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club and other trail maintenance
organizations.  I am contacting your organization as well as the Washington
Trails Association in hopes that you can collectively put me in contact with
individuals (or commercial enterprises) that we can utilize as shuttles at
the start and (especially) the finish of our trip.

I suspect that we can arrange rentals, buses, taxis, etc. at the beginning
of this trip, but I currently don't see the feasibility of this at Whites
Pass.  We will likely be flying in and out of Seattle.  While the
Appalachian Trail Conservancy maintains a list of shuttle contacts up and
down the length of the AT, I could not identify a comparable service
provided by PCTA.  This is why I am turning to local clubs in hopes of
finding solutions.  We, of course, are willing to pay reasonable fees for
shuttles.

Thanks,

Bob "Bilbo" Livezey bobbilbo at msn.com
*