[pct-l] To flare or not to flare

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Thu Feb 10 21:49:23 CST 2011

In the middle of Nevada we yogi'ed some water from a passing motorist. Well,
he thought he was a spaceman - really.   When we continued down the deserted
dirt road he insisted that we take one of his road flares to scare away
animals (or maybe UFO's). We weren't sure how we were going to get rid of
the flare.

The next morning we passed a pickup that had broken down along the side of
the road.  As we passed I offered him the road flare. The driver gave me a
funny look when I offered it to him. He gladly took it off our hands. I
don't think he had a use for it but realized we didn't want to carry it.

Never can tell when a road flare might be needed.

Ken