[pct-l] Insulation layer

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 13:17:14 CST 2011

This idea comes up occasionally on a couple DIY gear forums I visit. It can
work. People have modified their fly and added a hood.

The biggest downfall is, by wearing your fly as a poncho, you risk putting
holes in your fly. Leaky raingear will just make you a little wetter while
hiking, but if you then get to camp and have a leaky shelter, you could be
in trouble.

I agree with others, you would be better served with a light weight item
dedicated to the task of keeping you dry while hiking.