[pct-l] Insulation layer

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 01:53:12 CST 2011

Good point about getting holes in a wrap around that you plan to use for
shelter.  I started with Dry Ducks rain pants because I was in SoCal, and
didn't expect to be that wet or that cold.  I had to buy real rain pants at
Kickoff as the wind on San Felipe Ridge, and the sections of overgrown trail
tore the Dry Ducks to shreds.  The wrap around is probably much stronger
that the Ducks, but I'm sure if it hangs loosely on your frame, it will get
some holes.  The overgrown sections are chaparral, and really scratchy.

And Diane, the coldest nights for me on trail were some of the nights in the
deserts.

Shroomer