[pct-l] To flare or not to flare

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 16:17:40 CST 2011

I'm not sure how many road flares you've actually used,  I use them for traffic control... Yu can't think they are equal in danger to a box of matches...

Please use a few in your yard, then think 'how will I contain this in a windy dessert' ... Putting your hands on a few burning flares will likely change your mind as to if they are appropriate in the dessert

Even the police cannot use them, nor forestry during the dry seasons in b.c.  They are just too dangerous... Vastly different world than a few boxes of matches... They roll, and break into pieces of napalm and you CAN NOT stamp them out,  yu can step on them until your shoe melts a hole and it will reignite... It will smolder and roll in the wind for hours... And WILL catch things on fire... The. It's up to you to bushwhack through mountainsides of chaparral trying to stamp out fires

~outpost

Sent from my iPod