[pct-l] Flares - emergency - SPOT

leestcoast at gmail.com leestcoast at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 18:14:41 CST 2011

I'm with Mendo Rider - if you're worried about being able to signal for help, take a Spot or other PLB. The survivalist mindset is not needed or appropriate for the PCT. Leave the flares, bear spray, and guns at home. The PCT is mainly about staying hydrated, keeping your calorie intake up, and stringing the miles together day after day, amidst great scenery, in notable absence from the 9 - 5 world.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by CREDO Mobile.