[pct-l] TracFone

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sat Feb 12 19:49:46 CST 2011

I've carried mine on my short hikes in 2009 and 2010. My fone is a CDMA
fone and uses the Verizon network.
In 2009 I was camped by Squaw Creek a little NE of Squaw Valley Ski Area
and I had good signal because of the towers for the ski area.
In 2010 on Section R by Sheep Camp I had good reception. The next day when
we wanted to call I couldn't get reception. We caught a ride to Callahans
and even their I couldn't get reception.

I think the big issue is to determine what network the TracFone you are
buying uses. Then check the data on _______ for cell phone coverage by
network.

Tortoise

<>  Because truth matters.<>