[pct-l] Front harness

Kevin hikelite at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 17:32:56 CST 2011

If it hangs from the shoulder straps, I don't see how the weight could not be on the shoulders. I've been experimenting with a new method of carrying my DSLR. I have a neoprene case that wraps around the body and lens.  I then put a small carabiner through the neck strap where it loops through the body attachment. I clip the biner around the bottom part of the shoulder strap, and it rests against the reinforcement on the pack. I'm surprised how little it moves, and this appears to be a spot that my arms and poles never pass through. I'm not entirely settled on the neoprene case though. I might make a new cover for it if I can make something lighter. I'm also going to ditch the wide neck strap and attach just a wrist strap or make a lighter neck/ wrist combo.

Of course I've also been looking at compact cameras too. Rather than spend $600 on the lens I want, I bet I could get a nice new compact camera for ~$200. It make bot take as nice of pictures, but I bet I can save a couple pounds.

Anyway, everyone should do what works for themselves. Hanging stuff on the shoulder straps is not for me. At least I can say I gave it a good try. I carried that bag hundreds of miles. No more!

Misspellings and typos brought to you by iPhone.