[pct-l] Navigation. Which Compass skills are needed?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 17:41:52 CST 2011

Go ahead and beat that dead horse.  After the 4 weeks of snow, I'm pretty
much sold on having a GPS if I ever were to attempt that kind of snow travel
again.  Smiles did have one, but no way points, so we could get a cross hair
fix if we were really off, but we just relied on the "keep going north
theory," eventually you'll hit Canada.  We had Eric's maps, Half Mile's and
the Harrison JMT maps.  All got used daily.  Harrison probably the most for
that section.

And hey, I always guessed Echo had the beef to really do it if she had to!
 Canoeing to school all those years in rural Canada paid off.  But, come on
a hurt ankle.  Is that what you told her?  That is one sweet gal you've got,
no foolin'.  You two are a great pair on trail, but I don't want to hear no
hurt ankle stories this year.  You got to come up with something new or
she'll catch on.

Have a great hike!

Shroomer