[pct-l] Jardine and the Backpack Hip Belt

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 22:52:38 CST 2011

Hi Sym,

I love my hip belt, and don't think I could ever live without it, but then I
thought that about boots long ago too, but I don't feel off balance because
of it.  Having it securely attached seems to make it easier when I run
trail.  Bouncing around would not be good.  When the weight is light enough
I put it on one shoulder and then the other, even with a hip belt.  I also
love my poles and wouldn't give them up.  I used the umbrella in the deserts
and WA and recommend it for both places.  I wish I had shipped it from
Walker Pass to Cascade Locks however.  FreeBird had a pack like this last
summer, and probably for years before, and loved it.  It's one of Jardine's
ideas I haven't had the guts to try yet.

Shroomer