[pct-l] 20 degree vs 30 degree bag for Oregon

Eric johner27 at evergreen.edu
Tue Feb 15 17:58:35 CST 2011

I lived in Oregon for most of my life, and while camping in the mountains
during the summer the weather shouldn't drop below 30 degrees at night.  I
myself am planning on carrying a 30ish degree quilt and wearing lightweight
merinos (go figure!) and I don't see why this wouldn't be sufficient.  That
being said, I have not hiked the PCT before, so the temperatures could vary
from the places I've camped before.

Regards,
Eric