[pct-l] Sierra City to Belden to Chester

Mike Chapman altathunder76 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 18:20:27 CST 2011

Its anyones guess if this winter turns into 1952(wow),but last year I
was roaming above sierra city from late april till may 5th,nobody else
camping within eye-sight,hearsight range,soooo much snow that the
sierra county ranger told me Id be "hard pressed" to even acheive
fire! Needless to say,me and my crew of savages stormed the buttes and
surrounding area(devils skirt,yeah baby),and burned the wet deadwood
and the bag of manzanita I hauled in hand(seasoned from home) along
with 40-65+ pound bags and snowshoes(6 people,I made 4 of the sets of
snowshoes myself)to the pinnacle of the sierra buttes(lookout). 18
foot snowdrifts in spots,some spots barely nothing,like the sierra
city side(sunny side),but all the way to chester there could be some
cold corners and summits. It was great times,not as cold as I
thought,but 1 night it was 18 or so with no wind,and without wind is
rare there. Good luck to ya,it could end up a small year????(maybe)