[pct-l] Fw: Ursaks

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 19:28:59 CST 2011

Hi Iceaxe,

You mis-understood.  What I wrote was that, in the Washington Cascades, hikers
who were concerned about bears were hanging their food sacks high in trees. That
was, indeed, my observation. I did not write that all hikers hung their food.

 It is my opinion that it is foolish, in bear country, to use your food as a
pillow. It's sort of like playing Russian Roulette.  If you are unlucky, one
night a hungry bear might just come along who has previously eaten human food
and pull the pillow right from under your head!

Try to stay safe.

MendoRider/Ed Anderson