[pct-l] snowshoes

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 13:04:04 CST 2011

I searched my mail and the archives, but I can't find the post :(

Recently, someone made a comment about having made some snowshoes for
several people on a trip. I'd like to see the plans/design they used if
something is available.

I know they aren't used often, and I don't actually expect to use them. I'd
like to have a pair available though if I change my mind. My training hikes
have been taking me through snow up here at 7000 ft. It just makes me move
soooo slow and requires significantly more effort.

Anyway, I started to think I can probably make some that are much lighter
than the commercial offerings. They don't need to be super tough either. I
only need them to last a couple weeks in spring conditions. I have some
ideas floating around, but I'd like to see other designs.

Anyone know of a website with instructions for making some lightweight
snowshoes?