[pct-l] Resupply - WA #2

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 13:05:06 CST 2011

Time wise is where the PO USED to be.  It's now at the Chevron Station.

Refer to google maps, satellite view.

At Snoqualmie Pass you'll find (North to south, sandwiched in between the
freeway and the frontage road labeled 906 in the sat view):

Chevron Station - usual quickie mart supplies plus hot dogs, jo jo's , etc.
Limited hours post office as well.  Double red roofed building, one larger, one
smaller (the smaller covers the pumps)

Summit Inn / Howard Johnson:  The hotel.  Red roof.  Biggest building.

Summit Grocery:  Just to the south of the hotel.  Small grocery store, limited
selection.  Light gray roof

Red Mountain Coffee:  In the travelers rest building (south 1/2), where the Time
Wise used to be.  They have pizza by the slice and some wraps / sandwiches and
other coffee shop fare. Good espresso drinks - get your caffeine fill here.
Dark colored roof

Note:  Attached to the HoJo / Summit Inn is where the pancake house used to be.
They lost their lease last fall.  In talking with a waitress there just before
they closed, she said that the HoJo folks wanted to open their own in house
restaurant.  I've yet to be back up there recently, so don't know if it's open
again yet.  Red roof, part of the hotel building

Note:  There is another restaurant open at the pass.  It's on the "other" side
of the street from the hotel (the ski slope side), toward the left (when facing
the hotel from the street) about 100 - 200 yards.  Near the Forest Service
office / info building.   I've yet to go here.  I don't recall the name.

Message: 5