[pct-l] Globalstar Satellite Phone

Michael Herrera mikeh at casaherrera.com
Wed Feb 16 18:05:51 CST 2011

Hi gary tis trail angle mike , i have a globalstar satt phone for about 4 years , i am not a tecky  but it hardlly ever works there are cetain times of the day that it should wour but it dont, the sevice was so bad that they gave me three years free and it still is not good service , i keep it in at my place on chihuahua vally rd just in case  ihave allways let hikes use it ,but as i said it hardly ever works ,i think there is another satt phone company that from what i understand has much better coverage , i also have a ham raido just started useing it  , it seems like you can always someone  to talk to  in case of emergancy and it has a gps on it you  can tell someone where your at which is nice at my place because cell phones do noy work up there , hope this helps . p.s. passing the test for the ham raido was not hard , if i can pass it anyone can , its harder trying to learn how to use all the funtions on the handheld unit thanks , hope to see a bunch of hikers the weekend after the kick off 127 miles from the boarder , mike 672 8897670