[pct-l] Bring Guidebooks or Maps?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 02:09:02 CST 2011

And for me it was just the opposite, I fell asleep with the first novel I
tried, and left it in a hiker box. I usually love novels, but just wanted a
bit of beautiful language to match the beauty of the day.  A bit of poetry,
and I was good to go, and slept like a log.  But then I was dog tired by the
time I got in my bag, so maybe it's just that the poetry was shorter.  Hell,
it wasn't the quality, it was the lack of quantity!  I just needed sleep.
 Maybe a really short trashy novel, like one page, would have been just as
good.

Thanks for the Neruda.  He's still great, and the Inuit poem is wonderful.
 I do like beauty on trail, and in human tongues.

Shroomer