[pct-l] Sleeping Pads

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 12:07:11 CST 2011

I'm not sure if CF would work well for that application. I have less
experience with the material then many folks, but from my working with it so
far, puncture resistance doesn't seem to be it's strongest asset. Abrasion
resistance definitely isn't.

Rather than making the little sleeve, what's wrong with the Tyvek as a
groundcloth? You're not worried about puncturing the NeoAir from the top are
you? For the same weight, ie lay that amount of tyvek flat, I get a nice
clean area to camp on. One other disadvantage of this idea is it negates the
NeoAir's non-stick feature. I've had several therma rests over the years.
Many have been slippery so your bag would slide off during the night. The
NeoAIr seems to have solved that. It's amazingly tacky. That was one of the
first things I noticed (right after the shocking light weight of course).

I'll just stick with my Tyvek under the pad and gain the benefit of a clean
place to put my pack and stuff.

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 2:19 AM, John Abela <pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com