[pct-l] Resupply-WA #2

Matthew Edwards Hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Thu Feb 17 12:14:01 CST 2011

I am glad you brought this up Piper.
I thought the same thing about Snoqualmie.
I keep wondering if something changed drastically since 2009. When I got my
package from the cooler in the back of the Chevron I could not help but notice how much
food they hand on the shelves. I even made a point to walk around and look at everything
and I felt it would have been very easy to resupply from this store.
Unless something really has changed I would definitely not bother sending a box here again.
Since the PCT I have become a big fan of "buy as you go" whenever possible. It spreads
goodwill among the trail towns in regards to hikers, helps the local economies, and I like the option to buy
different foods.
If things were the same as i found in 2009 in Washington I would buy everywhere including Stehekin where I would resupply
with baked goods for the last 88 miles. I was so friggin jealous watching Birdman eat cinnamin rolls,
 Spec and Maggie ate a whole Pie at the border while i ate.. chow mein noodles!
Of course i was kinda near the front of the years "pack" of hikers so maybe thats why i found so much food
everywhere.
So the question is: Does the Chevron store at Snoqualmie still stock all that food?
-Iceaxe