[pct-l] First required place for bear canister

Emily Mathews emmat at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 17:37:25 CST 2011

Hi,

 I am planning my resupplies and could use some advise.  I have a friend that is
willing to meet me anywhere (in the southern Sierra).  I think the Trail Pass
trailhead makes the most sense .. if that is the first place for a required bear
canister. I am thinking she could bring the canister(s) for my daughter and me
.. and if we decide its necessary .. a bigger pack for my daughter (who will
carry the larger canister), and swap for her other pack.

Are bear canisters required before Trail Pass?  If so, where are they first
required?

Thanks ... can't wait!
Emily