[pct-l] Superfeet and Ponchos

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Feb 17 22:01:59 CST 2011

Good evening, Piper,

I don’t buy things, I buy results.  I have very flat arches.  All was OK
until about 30 years ago when, with a heavy running schedule, I began to
experience extreme pain at the outside of my knee joints as the result of
foot impact force vectors out of alignment with the center of the joint.  Arch
support orthotics tilted the foot sufficient to regain proper alignment, and
the problem evaporated in a very short time.

Insoles like SuperFeet are not cheap, but they are about 10% of the cost of
the custom orthotics I once used, and the plastic side of a milk jug wasn’t
sufficiently long.

Basic, keep-it-simple, gear is often the best and for footwear there's a
simple, time-proven design shown at:
http://pages.uoregon.edu/connolly/FRsandals.htm
<http://pages.uoregon.edu/connolly/FRsandals.htm>

The material to make them might even be available somewhere in S. California

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09