[pct-l] Sleeping Pads

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 10:22:53 CST 2011

In the 60's the saying was, "never trust anyone over 30."  We were a pretty
angry lot with the state of the country, civil rights and anti war riots,
and all that pressure for a "counter culture."  But now I'd just turn that
around, and say that anybody over 30 aught to be considered for an afternoon
geezer nap, even if they don't really qualify for geezer status.  Geezerhood
is probably a personal thing.  I know I hiked most of the way with people
under 30, except for Smiles, Mango and a few others, and I felt my age when
I saw day after day the speed of these young whipper snappers.  God they
were wonderful.  My stamina was such that I always caught up with them, and
then didn't often need to stop at all and left them behind.  But they always
caught up again and I'd be eating their dust trails.

So for me geezerhood came when I saw that their really was a physical
difference in how our bodies worked.  Plus I needed a nap, and they just
partied on!

Shroomer