[pct-l] Hiker Heaven

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Fri Feb 18 12:16:42 CST 2011

Back when, before Yogi's PCT Handbook, Eric the Black's PCT Altas, and other
guides there was a common companion to the Data Book, the Town Guide.  As
the name implies, it provided information regarding town stops, whereas the
Data Book provided data points and not much town info.  Hiker Heaven was
referenced in later versions of the Town Guide. Keeping the Town Guide
current has proven to be a huge challenge, and I believe that is why it is
no longer offered.  I know Yogi validates her information every year to
ensure her handbook is current.  Even with efforts like that, businesses and
or resources can shut down or spring up between the time the information is
published and when the hikers hit the trail.

If you need further information, you can check out our website
www.hikerheaven.com (which needs to be updated).

L-Rod