[pct-l] Etna/Seiad

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Sat Feb 19 17:12:50 CST 2011

Hey All,

I am going to make a trip up to Etna this weekend... I am not 100% sure I
will be able to get up to the PCT trail, weather moving in, but I am going
to try my best to get into the city of Etna (and hopefully do not get stuck
there from a snow storm.)

I just thought I would see if anybody out there would like to know any
specific details about anything from there.

I will also be stopping off at seiad valley so I can gather information from
there too.

I know it is a bit early, but maybe I can find out some details, and maybe
offer some suggestions to the locals in preparation for August.

Just let me know and I will try to find out whatever I can.

John B. Abela
www.RedwoodOutdoors.Com

You will have absolutely no problem driving to either Etna or Seiad Valley. You also will be able to drive to the TH above Etna. The TH out of Seiad Valley is right along the highway but you'll greet snow in not too long. Don't know where the snow level is above the valley floor. Deems probably does. The folks at Seiad Store will know what's what. Most folks around Etna will have a good idea as to what the snow level is now as compared to previous years.

are we there yet

...going to the mountains is going home.

John Muir