[pct-l] Patti is a good old gal....a real hot pistol

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Feb 19 22:50:06 CST 2011

The Reverend Snow Bunny Reinhold writes: Patti is a "Good old Gal"....a "Powder Keg".....a real "Hot Pistol".  It has been said that "patti" was devoured by a massive brown bear which was lured into her camp site by an empty bag of Doritos which patti purposely left out to attract bears into her campsite because she thought it would be so cool and romantic to see a bear.   Then, magically, patti reappeared....some say she was reincarnated.  To verify the truth of what I have just said you need only read the below posts regarding that tragic incident and glorious miracle.
Switchback replies: This is no big deal.  It happens to me all the time on the PCT.  She does the same thing I do when I make camp in the Sierras.  I go bear-baiting.  I go out to find bears to harass.  It is fun.  It is stealth at its finest.  You are an Indian.  I think one time as I pulled into Rae Lakes I saw her riding a bear down by the shore.

She has the same reputation I do on the trail.  It is hard to explain, but out on the PCT ghosts tell Switchback stories.