[pct-l] First required place for bear canister

Mike Chapman altathunder76 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 10:02:03 CST 2011

Ive talked a big game on this list,because I like to put off a
manly,in control,man vrs wild,and just plain american bad a$$ persona.
All of which is 100% true(oh the hiking ego). None of which benefits
the pct. Some have made me realize the error of my ways(thanks). Its
not just you out there,its everyones trail,and thus all things trail
related effect the other people,plants,animals,flora,fauna. Ive killed
alot of things in my life,when I was young there was no choice,do
it,or get beaten,grounded,laughed at,or go hungery. I now kill at a
need to eat basis,mostly fish(brain food). I would,can,and will kill
if I needed to eat,but I now consider the pct off limits. I do backup
anyone that wants to exercise there rights,because they have been hard
fought for. These killing and skinning skills are great when in
need,but can leave you so empty inside. So please kill only if
needed,and please dont tell anyone(who cares,keep it a secret),I dont
want to make a choice on who to backup,the rights of my fellow
american or the rights of trailfolk who dont need to be molested with
the thoughts of death in such a lively surrounding(not to mention the
giant stinking pile of vile that will remain). Just something to think
about,do what you gotta do,but Hike on.