[pct-l] Callahans Lodge (Oregon/Calif Border)

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 23:17:30 CST 2011

They have a super deal on breakfast for the hikers.  I got a great omelet,
but if I'm remembering right it was unlimited pancakes, or something on that
line.  They let hikers camp on the lawn in back if you want to stay, but not
rent a room, but the best of all for us was that after we, a thoroughly
smelly pack of trail trash, came in a stank up their lovely dining room, the
waitress offered us a ride to Ashland.  When the place got to busy for her
to leave, the owner stepped up, packed us all in the company van and drove
us into town.  They are the best of folks, and it's quite an elegant place.
 Well it seemed that way when looking through several days of trail dirt out
of Saied Valley.

We later bumped into the waitress in Ashland and she and her friends all
bought us beers.

Shroomer