[pct-l] Reminder: John Muir House Tour, Hike and BBQ - Sunday, February 27 - Martinez CA

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 23:34:07 CST 2011

Yesterday we did the Muir Tour in the rain, with Katie, Trail Hacker, Piper,
Tarzan and Zelda, and then sat around drinking John Muir wine and breathing
John Muir air and looking at John Muir dirt, way past "hiker midnight."
 That's just so Switchback will know I really am coming to Kickoff with some
"gin-u-wine" John Muir wine.

The grapes are grown in my ski buddies back yard vineyard, all part of
Muir's original ranch, in what was the first wine country in CA, long before
they planted Napa and Sonoma.  It's so good they all ordered a case to
split.  Muir's primary crop was grapes in the 1890's, and just down the
road, near what is now down town Martinez, was the Christian Brothers
monastery and winery, and the spring that began Alhambra Water.  Can you
imagine!  During the Gold Rush, they actually bottled water in Martinez that
was shipped to the gold country, the Sierra Foothills, which has some of the
most wonderful water in the country.  That spring is now in our regional
park, and is some of the best water I've ever tasted.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week.  Ribs, chicken and BBQed
marinated tofu ala Greens Restaurant recipe.

Shroomer