[pct-l] Callahans Lodge (Oregon/Calif Border)

Matthew Edwards Hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Sun Feb 20 23:51:58 CST 2011

I also had a great experience at Callahan's Lodge.
I paid for the hiker special deal.
They let us do laundry and take showers as well as camp on the back lawn.
Come to think of it.. perhaps they are charging the real guests for the "entertainment value" of having
a pack of starved, freaky people camped on little plots of saran wrap in the back yard..
Seriously, the staff at Callahan's were so generous as to make me feel ashamed of myself walking in
to that beautiful lodge all stinky. I was kinda scared looking for a place to put my pack down but everything is
either leather or polished wood so I put it outside. (Probably should have done that in the first place.)
Callahan's and Drakesbad are two places where the money I spent paled in comparison to the level of service I was given.
They were both an incredibly pleasant surprise.
-Iceaxe