[pct-l] Gear/Weight/Risk

travis218 at comcast.net travis218 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 21 14:03:32 CST 2011

I'm actually a little upset when I look at my gear, weighed out by the manufacturers published weights my pack, sleeping bag, and tent together should weigh 8.xxlbs, making my 13-15lb base weight easy. But actually weighing the stuff results in those three things weighing 14lbs (yes the scale is correct)! knowing what I know now I could easily carry a <10lb base weight and be super comfortable I just don't want to spend the $$, and I'm terrible with a needle and thread.

So for me its more of a cost/weight/comfort thing. I don't take any more then the light weight guys, which is disappointing in a way. but at the same time I do have a double walled solo tent, . We will see if I am super glad to have a "better" shelter. also I'm young so I have a few more years to trash my back before switching.

-Travis