[pct-l] Stitches

Rod Belshee rbelshee at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 22 19:52:44 CST 2011

I have carry sutures when traveling in developing parts of the world, either
to use myself or to hand to medical personnel to ensure it is sterile.

For thru-hiking, I'm comfortable I can patch up most anything with butterfly
bandages. In the field, sutures are less advised since sterility is tough so
the wound must be allowed to ooze.  That is also a reason to be careful with
the super-glue approach -- be sure to leave drainage openings if you use
super-glue.

Steady Sr