[pct-l] singing the ultralight blues

John Abela pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 03:53:58 CST 2011

Oh man, a 0.11 ounce photon light... can I be first in line!!!  (giggle)

I think most SUL/XUL guys are not out there carrying around a 750 ml
cup... that's freaking huge... its either the MSR Titan Cup or the SP
400 - if one at all :-P -- better yet.. use a ziplock bag lolol

Humor aside (and I did enjoy your post - got me laughing)... just
remember, your 20 pound pack starts off as a 50 pound pack (using the
average of 2.5lbs per day of food) for the long 12+ days of no town in
the Sierras...whereas our 5 pound packs become 35 pounds. Before the
first week is out our packs are already lower than your normal base
pack weight.

And you will get no argument from me on the boots/verses shoes issue.
While I have switched to using shoes, I am still a firm believer in
boots preventing ankle twists!!

Enjoyed your post - thanks for the chuckles!!

John
www.RedwoodOutdoors.com