[pct-l] For those rejected by Canada...

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Thu Feb 24 07:59:34 CST 2011

"One thing to keep in mind in deciding to go on to Manning Park or hike
back,
is that, in my opinion, the mountains you have just come through are much
more spectacular than the walk into Manning Park.  I'm going back up there
in August/September to do the whole section again because it's so beautiful.
 The walk north of the border is nice, but it is nothing like the last 20 or
30 miles of US mountains, and the views into Canada."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll be hiking from Stevens Pass to Mon78, and back to Harts Pass in late
Aug.  I
plan on camping near or at the Mon78, and was wondering if there's a place
there
with water? I've heard it is in Canada, a quarter mile or so, but looking at
Google
Earth, it looks like there's a creek below and west of the Mon78.  Anybody
know a
great spot to camp at the border?  Looking forward to hiking the last
stretch twice.