[pct-l] loading Halfmile maps and waypoints in Droid X

Jim Bravo jimbravo2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 14:46:54 CST 2011

Yesterday I ran the GPS on my Android for 5 hours and used about 50%
of battery life. And that was with airplane mode OFF (I was expecting
an important call). So it was seeking a signal the whole time. You all
probably know this but, be sure to put the screen on a low brightness
setting, put it on airplane mode, and go to task manager and be sure
all other programs are not running. There are also some other settings
you can adjust to reduce battery consumption.

Jim