[pct-l] Fwd: Re: medications

Gerry Zamora gerry0625 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 10:33:46 CST 2011

Beating a dead horse?
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Gerry Zamora" <gerry0625 at gmail.com>
Date: Feb 26, 2011 8:16 AM
Subject: Re: medications
To: "Ken Murray" <kmurray at pol.net>

Am I talking about hiking?  More like hiking related injuries.  Am I
repeating something I heard or read no.  All orginal thoughts.  Modern
evidence?  Ya I cut my self camping and cleaned the wound with water stopped
the bleeding wiped the area with an alcohol swab u know the ones that come
in ALL first aid kits then sealed the wound with crazy glue.  Does this mean
im right and your wrong?  No!  Just that I have tried this method and it
worked im sure the advice you gave is solid.  Ask yourself are u still
talking about hiking?  I am not a doctor but do provide basic first aid and
cpr as part of my job on a daily and have to do 40hrs of continuing
education every year.  As your statement might be true as far wounds taking
longer to heal if an antiseptic is used but it will also keep it from
getting infected over the course of your hike.... maybe you have heard of
dermabond?
Knowledge Is Power.
Gerry0625