[pct-l] Debating about boots

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 17:46:45 CST 2011

I don't think everybody's feet grow the same amount, but I was astonished
when I bought a new pair of runners a couple of years ago.  Same shoe, same
size as I had always been using, but found them really uncomfortable, enough
so that I returned to the shoe store thinking a mistake had been made.  They
started from scratch, measuring my foot, which I hadn't had done in years
because 9 1/2 had always been right.  My feet had grown to a size 12!  And I
was 56 years old.  Give me a break, I thought I was done growing a long time
ago.  They gave me a new pair no question, and that's what I'm wearing
today.  That change happened after a year of pretty heavy training.  I don't
think that big a size change happens to everybody, but lots of folks do
report at least a one size jump.

Shroomer