[pct-l] Ankles

treerings at gmail.com treerings at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 18:34:46 CST 2011

I read Born to Run recently. Great read. Relates to this topic and to long
distance hiking and running in general. One of the basic premises is that
we've overdone it with wrapping our feet up in leather and plastic material
that inhibits the performance of our feet. Our feet are complex structures
that are evolved to do what they do. Elevating the heel, stiffening the
sole, wrapping the ankle--all gets in the way of the foot's natural highly
complex coordinated movement and all tend to weaken our feet because they're
not working as they are evolved to. Interesting ideas.